The Exotic Holi Celebration By Surbhi Mittal

The  Exotic Holi Celebration

By Surbhi Mittal 


My dear readers, hello!!
Hopefully, you are enjoying the vibe of Spring and Festivals.

Recently in my blog post of Valentine's day, I got really carried out in my emotions. I got a bit negative and I am really sorry for that. You know, experiences build a person's character. And I don't have a very good experience of understanding love that's why I wrote a bit outrageous blog. Although you might have some good experiences which may make you fall in love with the concept of "love" and I totally understand that.

So, without further do, let's get into the real talk, shall we? As you might know, the festival of colors is coming and all the Decatronians is about to go crazy over that. And here I am sharing some holy facts about "Holi".

All around the world India is known as the country which is full of colors. And I think India is the world's most colorful country. India can astonish you even more by getting even more colorful with its ancient festival which is called Holi. Around the month of March, millions of Indians come out of their houses to add colors in the streets of this colorful country.

People call this celebration as Holi, Holika Dahan or Basant Utsav and many other names. But regardless of the name, we give to this festival which is more than 5000 years old, the message that it brings is the same all over the country. The days of Holi remind us that all of us are equal whether it's our skin color, our background, our bank account or our clothes because this is the actual spirit and the message of this beautiful Indian festival.

It all starts on the eve of last full moon when people gather around bonfires singing and dancing. The most famous celebration starts the next day on the day of the full moon. On this day people use colorful dry powders and colored water and spray them on others in the atmosphere of great joy and happiness. This celebration has its origin in the ancient times of Lord Krishna but not everyone remembers about it.

Recently the west has adopted this festival as well and they call it the festival of colors. But, for most of the participants, this event is a great way to just have an amazing party and hardly anyone knows that this so-called party of colors is actually a sacred Hindu festival.

Holi is a celebration of the victory of good over evil. Holi is not only about colors, it is also about delicious sweets. And trust me if you are in Mathura (an ancient Indian City) which is famous for its mouth-watering desserts, you are going to have an incredible feast.

So, now it's time for me to "sign out from Digital Decatron. Till then guys stay happy, take care of each other and wish you a very happy Holi.Make sure to follow us on Facebook and my personal blog. 

Surbhi Mittal 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi