Bullying Is Like A Chain Reaction By Katherine Lightwood

Bullying Is Like A Chain Reaction

By Katherine Lightwood



Today I had a very weird experience. It seemed like somehow my old wounds had been dug up. It's quite hard to describe but I will still give it a shot.

Today I met a person who is being bullied. Even though the bullying was in a very initial state but it was starting to hamper that person's mind. The person is really young and I was really worried about her. Because a childhood scar of any kind can shape a person's mind in a very destructive way. And very, unfortunately, the person was young.

After describing her ordeal, she asked me if I had faced any situation like that. And when I said yes, she asked for my suggestion. And there was I speechless and tongue-tied. All my past was playing before my eyes as if I am having a life review. What I did at that time, my reactions, my decisions, my feelings and my fears were all in front of my eyes. And the person who asked me that question was staring blankly at my face. And all I found out is that I still had many unresolved issues of the past which I ignored and it is lying dormant now.

And all I could say to her is to talk to parents and teacher if anyone is bothering you. Apart from that, I was unsure about everything. I mean what can I say to someone who is younger than me who is suffering from the same problem as mine. The world is a cruel and dark place, where you will be continuously vilified! I don't think preaching these kinds of negativities will be a very good idea for a young mind.

Bullying!! This is something which can happen to anyone and at any time. Irrespective of gender, caste, and creed. And it's a kind of chain reaction and if this issue is ignored then it can take a quite monstrous shape.Generally, a bully is usually bullied in some way or another. And that's why they take out their anger and frustration out on others. After facing bullying in my life, I've always tried to understand my bullies.

And I have seen a very common pattern in them. Like they had an abusive childhood, bad family relationship or faced some turmoil in their life. Their compassion is ripped apart from them and that's how they lacked empathy. By taking down others they tried to uplift themselves but unfortunately, they fail. Their actions get triggered and they fall into the grip of a chain reaction. And as time passes, they fall into the more deep pitfall of this sinful act. And to rupture this cycle we need to tackle this in a different way.

So, that was my thought of the day. To see more posts like this make sure to visit our main page. And do not forget to visit our institute's page to know more about graphic design, 3D, animation courses and other awesome stuff. Till then good day to you.

Katherine Lightwood 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi