The symbolism of My Mind By Katherine Lightwood

The symbolism of My Mind

By Katherine Lightwood 


It seems like I have been running from the unseen monsters that are following me since I was a little girl. They keep lurking me from the shadows when I talk to someone or do something really important. They whisper in my ears and torture me slowly when no one is watching. These invisible monsters bring me down and make me angry without any reason so that I can go to the bottomless hell with them.

Funny thing is that I am so used to this torture and suffering that if sometimes I am left undisturbed I feel empty and naked. I feel alone as if nothing is holding me back. It feels like I will be blown away by the speeding world if I don't hold on to something. Blown in the absolute void. I am scared. I am stuck between the possibilities of  'yes' and 'no' where 'yes' feels like a burning fire and 'no' feels like a torturous coldness.

But on the surface, I am calm as sea, silent, melancholy. My face doesn't have a hint of that raging storm that is possessing on my mind. People say, why lost, why so grim, what you are so afraid of? And thus I found myself lost in the translation of words. What should I say I am being burnt and getting frostbite at the same time? They will say, what a silly girl, my insanity will be out of leash. I will be thrown away into the vast space the void, where there's is nothing to hold on to.

Now, I am walking in a garden filled with beautiful roses with different colors and shapes. But the sky is overcast, it's gloomy and misty. It can rain anytime soon all the flowers will be dead. But in this mist, I am seeing a beautiful red rose. It's color red as blood, sparkling in the beauty of its own, even in this gloomy rose garden it is spreading its grace. But it's surrounded by the thorns and poisonous ferns and it's beyond my reach.

But there I am standing and gawking like a fool watching that beautiful flower spreading the grace. Suddenly, my heart is clenched in pain when I realize that it's going to be rain soon and it will die. I was helpless and in despair, happy and sad at the same time. Smitten by the beauty of the rose and scared by the thundering in the sky I felt paralyzed.

Then I thought to make a ladder, if and only if I could climb above the heaps of thorns so that I can pick up my rose. But a new fear clicked my brain, what if the flower die if I pick that up from the plant. The life inside me died, heartbroken I started to leave the garden. My heart was aching as it was bleeding because pieces of my broken heart were poking my soul.Walking at a slow pace I was moving away from my garden of joy leaving the traces of blood through my trail.

I am preparing myself for the soulless journey to my grim destination hoping not to see anyone, not to get my bones broken by the pesky sticks and stones. My heart is already gone, so no fear of being born again, no any fear of being pulled again from the water to take the last ounce of breath.  Now, I can drown in peace and tranquility.

So, that was my thought of the day. To see more posts like this make sure to visit our main page. And Do not forget to visit our institute's page to know more about graphic design, 3D, animation courses and other awesome stuff. Till then good day to you.

Katherine Lightwood    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi