Test of My Patience By Katherine Lightwood

Test of My Patience

By Katherine Lightwood


Staring behind me, I see the big trail of regret that I’ve left,
My shoulders were slouching beneath its heavy weight of debt.
I’ve become a mark of pessimism, a disguise of my own demon,
Even though I’ve hated it, but that’s what I have to summon.
So that it could break me and tear me apart, in the time of gaiety,
Hoping that I don't expect, I am staying away from all these felicity.

It’s not right, it’s just wrong; I am tired of hearing this poisonous song,
Can I let out a peaceful sigh that I was holding inside for so long?
Tired of pretending, tired of showing a fake laugh assuring everything’s ok,
I’ve lost the meaning of being fine now, don’t know what else I’ve to say.
Ran out of possibilities, now I am stuck in between a narrow lane,
It’s narrower than a strand of hair, and it’s making me insane.

Let me live in my dream, said my wounded soul,
My heart drenched in fear and pain, like its being burnt in coal.
My mortal body is wounded now by a directionless arrow,
My thoughts are running wild now, but once it was shallow.
My twisted soul is getting heavy on me, breaking down my credence,
Let’s see how long I can hold it; it’s a test of my patience.

So, that was my thought of the day. To see more posts like this make sure to visit our main page. And Do not forget to visit our institute's page to know more about graphic design, 3D, animation courses and other awesome stuff. Till then good day to you.

Katherine Lightwood  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi