Being Vulnerable is Courageous By Katherine Lightwood

Being Vulnerable is Courageous 

By Katherine Lightwood


Being vulnerable is hard. Because it means opening yourself up to be emotionally hurt.
And who wants that? Who wants to open up only to be smacked down?

But being vulnerable today means having the courage to be yourself in the world where we curate people's perception of us, where we equate our values with likes and followers in our social media platforms.

But I think being vulnerable is such a beautiful thing and a key to more intimate relationships. It gives you a deeper connection with family, friends and loved ones. And YES!! It's scary as HELL!!

A few days ago, I and my classmates Praveen and Nandan were talking something about technology and web development while sitting in our favorite room where we had our 'Digital Marketing Internship'. And little did we know we quickly deviated from talking about artificial intelligence to talking about some of our biggest fears and heartbreaks. And when I realized what I was saying I quickly got very self-conscious and started panicking. My heart started to pound and I was really feeling very ashamed of myself. I felt like they would walk off or think that I am a terrible freakshow. But nothing like this happened. They too shared some of their ordeals and it felt like I was not alone in this limitless desert. and we again went in our merry way of talking about those amazing AIs, bots and progressive web apps. And obviously, that was like an incredibly vulnerable moment because I was pretty sure I was going to be judged and they will be disgusted or worst case scenario I will be bullied again. But none of those things happened. And we felt a lot closer like they were my brothers from another mother.

So, even you are not ready to make yourself look like a freak show and a demented witch in the name of vulnerability. I do think that being vulnerable on an everyday basis is so important. Like allowing yourself to fall in love with even a simple song or weather, or allowing other people in, or trusting people to know all of you without the fear of rejection and judgment. Or at least not letting those fear stop you are incredibly courageous.

And I wanted to talk about this because I know that it's really hard when you've been burned by someone or when you've been rejected it's increasingly difficult to let yourself be vulnerable again. And I mean who hasn't been burnt, we all have been hurt and rejected in one way or another. We all have some kind of pain that we don't find comfortable to share or we are guilty about. But it is just so easy to let yourself become callous, pessimist or cynical and let this previous experiences destroy you for being open again in the future. And I am sharing this because I am also learning this thing to be vulnerable and courageous at the same time. 

So, that was my thought of the day. To see more posts like this make sure to visit our main page. And Do not forget to visit our institute's page to know more about graphic design, 3D, animation courses and other awesome stuff. Till then good day to you.

Katherine Lightwood            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi