My love for Edger Allen Poe and My Inner Darkness By Katherine Lightwood

My love for Edger Allen Poe and My Inner Darkness

By Katherine Lightwood


Born in Boston in 1809 and died in Baltimore in 1849, American writer Edger Allen Poe is one of the world's greatest crime and horror authors. His influence on literature extends far beyond the grave. And he is credited with inventing the detective and science fiction genres. His gruesome and tormented stories reflected an equally tormented life. His daring career choice as a writer ruined his relationships. He died destitute despite the literary acclaim.

He is one of my favorite Poet even though I haven't read much of his works. I came to know about him when I was in my college. Experimenting with different genres of novels and poetry books I came across this legend. After reading his poems "Alone" and "Anabelle Lee" I slowly realized that I can relate with him very much. Apart from his exquisite mind, I was simply surprised that how he could take his darkness of life and completely transform it into a creative boon. Of course, that "creative boon" is for us, but when we were appreciating his works he was weathering in his grave. Even when he was alive he could never taste his success. He suffered loss, terrible rejection and he was abandoned.

"Annabelle Lee" was a poem that took me back to my childhood days. Now, you must be wondering what the hell has happened to me that I am relating myself with this McCobb poem of " Annabelle Lee". If you've read the poem then you should know that it is about a lost lover of the poet. A very painful description of an honor killing in those days. To clarify myself here, nothing of these sort has happened to me. I haven't even been in love ever in my life. but the gloomy description of this poem always takes me to the time when I used to look out of the window of my school in the chilly winter days. Visibility was very low and everything was covered in thick mist. I was very little at that time, in 6th standard. When kids in my age were getting into the vibe of their new teenage years, on the other side I was getting lost in the thoughts of winter mists and pine forests. I used to sit alone beside the window and thought about a forgotten place in between the pine forest, a house, a lonely road, and many other things. I never got along with anybody of my age. I was sometimes too old for them and sometimes too young to understand their vibe.

I tried to describe my weirdness to my parents but they didn't get that either. I used to get severely bullied in school because of this and other reasons. When I came home and tried to tell my parents about that brushed it off saying learn to adjust to your situation. Well, I never learn and I never understood myself. I was in dark bounded by shackles of insanity. One way or another everyone blamed me and I accepted the blame by blaming myself. But when I started reading these poems I understood we were dark souls. Sometimes when I am alone in my room I imagine myself sitting beside him, engaging in deep conversation about life, death and the journey in between. It might look very sad from outside but is some of my beautiful moments in life.

 So, that was my thought of the day. To see more posts like this make sure to visit our main page. And Do not forget to visit our institute's page to know more about graphic design, 3D, animation courses and other awesome stuff. Till then good day to you.

Katherine Lightwood                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi