Untitled Grief Part- 23 By Katherine Lightwood

Untitled Grief Part- 23

By Katherine Lightwood


I was told to be ashamed of the shame that I held,
Was told to lower the screams of my pain that I yelled.
Was laughed at the fact that that I was frail,
Don't know where my ship is heading, don't know how to sail.
Was told to be ashamed of the burden of my fear,
Thrown down like a baseball, my head was not so clear.

Woke up in a dark alley, with my hear full of pain,
Lost in the horizons of my dark thoughts, there's nothing to gain.
Then again, I saw the speck of light following me through the shadow,
Again expected to run into the darkness, expected a tough blow.
And slowly the light grew with an into a huge ball of darkness,
I waited till the end, I thought it was harmless. 

But it vilified me and reflected my frightening inner demons,
Thought my life was messed up and it's just giving me lemons.
But how wrong was I keeping my soul on a leash,
Was getting tortured from inside, felt like without water I was a fish.
And that was not the end, was just a start of the new fight,
There wouldn't be any mercy, there wouldn't be any light.

Katherine Lightwood






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi