World of Words By Katherine Lightwood

World of Words

By Katherine Lightwood



A few days ago, our teacher showed us a TED talk of famous lyricist Javed Akhtar, where he was speaking about the importance of words and how it impacts people. The talk was amazing and inspirational at the same time. As I am struggling very hard to be a blogger myself, I found his advice quite useful. Words, it may seem very small and insignificant when we generally speak about it, but these words are something which gives meaning to our existence.

I've always been fascinated by words and the beauty of it, but words have always been so tough for me. I find it very hard to wrap up words into my thoughts and I am struggling to learn that skill.

Now, about words, even though I don't remember what was the first book that I fell in love with, but my favorite fantasy novel that of all times was The Alchemist: The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicolas Flamel by Micheal Scott. This was a book which literally took me to another realm of reality.

Although that was a pure fantasy novel, still it seemed so realistic. I wonder how a writer could create such a different reality, characters, and environment with a handful of words. Power of words are immense, they can do wonders. I remember, when I was reading that novel it's words felt like it was coming to life. As if, those words are creating an alternate reality that was welcoming me, to get inside it, to get drifted into its magic, and that's what I did. Getting into the world of that writer was an experience worth living.

The mountains, the river, the rocky texture of the wall, the breeze of misty mornings and smell of the old books of the library was so real that if I closed my eyes I could feel everything that the words of that book were saying.

From my experiences, what I have seen that is nowadays people are very less interested in reading books for entertainment. And when I try to share my interest with anyone, they tend to repel away after hearing that. I try very hard to understand what is that restrict them from entering into the world of fantasy.

Books have always been my best friend. I loved them much more than people. I fell in love with the characters, laughed and cried with them and shared all my secrets. And when my obsession got to the next level, I started writing letters to them. Not with the expectation of getting a reply back, but it felt like that was the safest way to share my thoughts. Maybe it was very mundane to people of this world but that was my entertainment. A book, a water bottle, a dim lamp and a couch was all I need to travel in the world of these fantastic words. What more could a fantasy nerd need?

So, that was my thought of the day. To see more posts like this make sure to visit our main page and facebook page. And do not forget to visit our institute's page to know more about graphic design, 3D, animation courses and other awesome stuff. Till then good day to you.

Katherine Lightwood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi