Inside the Mind of an Overthinker By Katherine Lightwood

Inside the Mind of an Overthinker

By Katherine Lightwood


You know what I HATE?
Well!! Now, EVERYTHING will be a perfect answer...But let's get out of this negative zone and get into some cool and CALM place, even though it's physically impossible right now.

So, my today's topic is OVERTHINKING, which is my field of expertise.

It probably comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me, but I overthink EVERYTHING.
Anything, really and sometimes I can't help it because engaging in self- reflection and expressing my feelings through writing is kind of what I am good at. I mean what I am doing right now.

But I know there's a very very healthy line between insightful introspection and just overthinking like HELL, and trust me guys it's negative effects are really bad. I mean seriously, the studies have shown rumination leads to depression, anxiety, inability to sleep and self-harm. I have had every single symptom of the danger of dwelling and yet I can't kick the habit of it.

Especially, when it is silly, even when it's silly like analyzing the punctuation of a text message or anybody's slight expression. It's exhausting, once I get into the cycle of overthinking, I will ask myself the same negative self-blame question over and over again throughout the day.

If YOU are an overthinker, then know this, I read this one line in a study and it really helps me understand what I think of overthinking now. And it's that,

Your psychological response to an event is actually more important than what happened to you.  

So, if you can't train your brain to stop overthinking you are giving yourself negative mental health consequences. Well!! I don't know about you but I already got plenty of those and I am really really sick of these.

So, what can we do about this...Practice MINDFULNESS. I know, I know I am saying all the cliched things. Since 2015 I am facing the worst battle of depression in my life, with seasonal depression being like the nice little cherry on top.

So, I am trying to be very very diligent about giving myself at least ten minutes of mindful practice every single day. This practice was actually suggested by my teacher. And it is helping me a lot to keep my insanity in leash.

So, that was my thought of the day. To see more posts like this make sure to visit our main page. And Do not forget to visit our institute's page to know more about graphic design, 3D, animation courses and other awesome stuff. Till then good day to you.

Katherine Lightwood  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi