Untitled Grief Part-22 By Katherine Lightwood

Untitled Grief Part-22

By Katherine Lightwood


I am confused that its dusk or dawn,
Should I celebrate or be forlorn.
The scarlet sky is shining  at the horizon,
A grim fear within me is growling like a lion.
It is Sunrise or sunset only time will tell,
Doubting that it is paradise or just a living hell.

The paradise is raining over me and that's what I saw,
But I am cursed and need to be damned, it's by the law.
My soul is praying, praying for the lost souls of paradise,
My prayers are for those immortals who are not worthy of demise.
So, I prayed till it got dark, I prayed until I bled through the eyes,
I prayed until my anger got cold and I turned into ice.

My wish turned into passion and anger into pride,
Losing serenity, I have fears that I fail to hide.
So now I often wish upon the stars to have mercy on me,
I am doubting if there's any good side that I just couldn't see.
Well, life is like a river and you can't hold on to the sunrise,
Decadence will follow just like any other disguise. 

Katherine Lightwood


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi