To the year 2018 By Katherine Lightwood

To the year 2018

By Katherine Lightwood


Sometimes, I want to scream at the top of my lungs just wishing that it will ease away my frustration and pain. But that doesn't happen in real life. All you will get is a sore throat and a few curses from your parents. Life doesn't happen that way.

It gives you situations where you question yourself, hate yourself and struggle to survive. You desperately search for a single ray of hope. If you find it gives you countless reasons to live and survive.

This past year was a huge roller coaster for me. I had experienced some of my worst moments and priceless moments. Well, I always talk about the worst moments but today I want to talk about my priceless moments.  And oh my god...!! How can I even start? No... I mean no amount of money, time or any power can buy or recreate these moments. These are unreplaceable and breathtakingly mesmerizing. And with the flow of time and the pace of life... I too have lost these moments. Whenever I try to look back in the year 2018, these moments just light up my life. I am struggling to live with the help of the memories from these moments. They are just glorious, heavenly and indescribable. I am utterly thankful to god (if he is there) to bless me with these beautiful moments. It felt as if it drenched me in the ocean of bliss. But the time went by and I have to let that go...I guess memories are enough for me...

Like a beautiful brook, it went by,
Like a hot furnace, I watch and sigh.
What a lonesome fellow I've become from that start,
Countless tears I've shed from my heart.
Just chasing that light on my life,
Fearing it will get lost just cuts me like a knife.

But fear itself screams louder when I think,
If the light gets brighter and then blink.
I will burn and get swayed into the darkness,
Where my soul will burn and sorrow sparkles.
It's a dilemma that I am burning in...
It's a torture that pricks me like a thousand pin.    

Katherine Lightwood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi