Will I always be a circus clown? By Katherine Lightwood

Will I always be a circus clown?

By Katherine Lightwood


I laughed at the top of my voice,
I danced like it was my only choice.
They laughed at me whenever I fell,
It was easy at first, then it started to feel like hell.
Was tied around, and dragged like a hound,
I was hopeless and I was bound.

I tried so hard and I just failed,
My heart ruptured when it was nailed.
Given up my pride, given up my hope,
Thought I could depart, just by a rope.
But I muffled my cries with a loud laugh,
They thought I was happy, but I was torn in half.

Days passed  and the wounds deepened,
I laughed as they laughed and that's how it happened.
I cried through the night, I laughed through the day,
Keep them entertained, they were cheerful and gay.
Was replaced O wanderer, I was so down,
So is it true, will I always be a circus clown?

Katherine Lightwood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi