Innocent Expectations By Katherine Lightwood

Innocent Expectations

By Katherine Lightwood


Since I was a child, my choices were chosen,
Wishes I once had are now frozen,
Some I had to kill, some I had to lock in the dark,
I wished that they would be quiet and will not spark.
I promised myself to not look upon the happiness,
I promised myself to crawl into the darkness.

So, I cut my wings and crushed my dreams,
Just to make my world happy and wish to lower their screams.
Thrown away like wasted paper and wreaked my pride,
Followed all the rules, had pain that I had to hide.
But in that chaos, I prayed for a sunshine, prayed for a light,
But a mistake I made, what a shame, I had to fight.

Is it a shame for a shadow bearer for wanting to see the light,
Why it's has become a mark of shame for me, it wasn't my plight.
Now, I grieve sitting in the dark wishing to see the lost sunshine,
But alas, I seemed to approach my finish line.
I am drenched in the shame, paying for my repercussions,
My unshed tears are paying the price for my innocent expectations.

Katherine Lightwood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystic Flaming feather by Katherine Lightwood

My Burton Styled Christmas Photo Manipulation By Shubho Halder

That's how I got into my Christmas Vibe By Nandan Negi